- 1. The controller of your personal data is the Paysera Network in accordance with the Joint Controller Agreement No. 2018019 of 19 September 2018. Paysera's contact details are published on the Paysera website. The contact details of Paysera's designated data protection officer are: [email protected].
- 2. Paysera provides the "LightSMS" short messaging service, available at www.lightsms.com (hereinafter – "LightSMS" system).
- 5. Paysera's objective is to ensure the highest possible security of all personal data and other information processed in the “LightSMS” system. In order to protect this information from unauthorised access, use, copying, accidental or unlawful destruction, alteration, or disclosure, as well as from any other unauthorised processing, Paysera uses appropriate legal, administrative, technical, and physical security measures.
- 6. Personal data collected by Paysera is processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Personal Data Protection Law of the Republic of Lithuania, and other legal acts.
- 7. Paysera receives personal data after the Client has linked their “LightSMS” account to their electronic money account in the Paysera payment system (www.paysera.com).
- 8. Paysera has the right to use third person processors (including third party processors) for the processing of personal data in the “LightSMS” system in order to ensure the proper functioning and development of the SMS service, i.e. system administrators, support persons, developers, system participants, mobile operators, or their intermediaries through which the SMS are sent. The use of such personal data processors is necessary for the performance of the contract with the individual and the provision of the service to the individual. Paysera confirms that the personal data processors it uses have implemented appropriate technical and organisational security measures.
- 9. All information processed by Paysera is provided by the person on a voluntary basis and in accordance with the principles of fairness and accuracy and completeness of information.
- 10. Paysera does not use any personal data collected in the “LightSMS” system for direct marketing purposes.
Purposes of collecting personal data
- 14. PURPOSE: To provide a service for sending short messages via the "LightSMS" system
- 14.1. Personal data for this purpose is processed for the purpose of providing the client with the text messaging service in the "LightSMS" system.
- 14.2. For this purpose, the following personal data may be processed: the client's name, surname, telephone number, email address, Paysera account number, the client's unique Paysera number, and account balance.
- 14.3. Data storage period: 10 (ten) years from the date of the last text message.
- 14.4. Legal basis for data processing: the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or to take action at the request of the data subject prior to the conclusion of a contract.
- 14.5. Data providers: directly by the data subject.
- 15. PURPOSE: Use of personal data for internal administrative purposes
- 15.1. Paysera has the right to use the collected personal data for internal administration purposes: to improve the operation and functionality of the "LightSMS" system, to better understand the needs of users, to improve services, etc.
- 15.2. For this purpose, the following personal data may be collected: the client's name, surname, telephone number, email address, Paysera account number, the client's unique Paysera number, and the account balance.
- 15.3. Data storage period: until the end of the business relationship.
- 15.4. Legal basis for data processing: legitimate interest of Paysera.
- 15.5. Data providers: directly by the data subject.
- 16. PURPOSE: Use of personal data for the purpose of communication with clients
- 16.1. If a person has voluntarily provided Paysera with their personal data for a specific reason, Paysera may use the personal data for the purpose for which it was provided, e.g., if a person contacts Paysera by email with a request for services in the “LightSMS” system, Paysera will use and save the personal data provided by the person for the purpose of responding to the person's query, resolving the problem, and responding to the email address or other contact details provided.
- 16.2. For this purpose, the following personal data may be processed: the client's name, surname, telephone number, email address, Paysera account number, the client's unique Paysera number, and account balance.
- 16.3. Data storage period: 10 (ten) years from the end of the business relationship with the client.
- 16.4. Legal basis for data processing: the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or to take action at the request of the data subject prior to the conclusion of a contract.
- 16.5. Data providers: directly by the data subject.
Access to personal data stored by Paysera, rectification of inaccuracies and objection to data processing, and other rights
- 17. The person has:
- 17.1. THE RIGHT TO KNOW YOUR DATA: to be informed whether Paysera processes your personal data and, if so, to have access to your personal data processed by Paysera, and to be informed from what sources and what personal data have been collected, for what purpose they are processed, and to whom they are or may be provided; to receive from Paysera a copy of their personal data, in accordance with the procedure established by the law. Paysera will, upon receipt of your written request, provide the data requested in writing within the time limit established by law, or provide reasons for refusing to comply with such request. Data may be provided free of charge once per calendar year, but in other cases, the provision of data may be subject to a fee not exceeding the cost of providing the data.
- 17.2. THE RIGHT TO REQUEST CORRECTION: If the data processed by Paysera is incorrect, incomplete, or inaccurate, you may contact Paysera in writing and request that the incorrect, inaccurate, or incomplete personal data be corrected or supplemented by submitting a request;
- 17.3. THE RIGHT TO BE FORGOTTEN: to request the termination of processing (erasure) where personal data is processed with the consent of the person, after the person has withdrawn that consent, or where the personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was obtained, or where the personal data has been unlawfully processed, or where the personal data is subject to a legal obligation to erase. Written notice of objection to the processing of personal data must be given to Paysera in person, by post, or by electronic means. If your objection is legally justified, Paysera will, after examining the request, terminate the processing of the personal data, except in cases provided for by law.
- 17.4. THE RIGHT TO LIMIT DATA PROCESSING: to request the restriction of processing where the data subject contests the accuracy of the data for a period of time within which the controller is able to verify the accuracy of the personal data; the processing of the personal data is unlawful, and the data subject does not consent to the erasure of the personal data and instead requests the restriction of its use; the controller no longer needs the personal data for the purpose of the processing, but needs it for the purpose of the data subject's right to lodge or exercise legal claims. The controller shall inform the data subject whose processing has been restricted before the restriction on processing is lifted.
- 17.5. RIGHT TO OBJECT: the right to object to the processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes (where applicable).
- 17.6. THE RIGHT TO COMPLAIN against the processing of their personal data to a supervisory authority if the client considers that their personal data is being processed in breach of their rights and legitimate interests under applicable law.
- 17.7. THE RIGHT TO CONTACT the controller and/or the data protection officer to exercise their rights.
- 17.8. Other rights provided for by law.
- 18. A person may send a request for access to personal data stored by Paysera, corrections, and objections to such data to the following email address: [email protected]. In the request, the person must clearly indicate their name and email address. The request must be signed with an e-signature.
- 18.1. If the application is submitted through a representative by email, the document confirming the representation must also be signed by both parties by an electronic signature.
Disclosure of data
- 20. Paysera may disclose personal data or information provided by a person where such disclosure is required by applicable law or by competent authorities. Paysera may also disclose personal data or information only when not prohibited by law and only when objectively justified in a particular case. Paysera undertakes not to disclose personal data to third parties except in the following cases:
- 20.1. If the person consents to the disclosure of personal data;
- 20.2. To law enforcement authorities in accordance with the procedure provided for in the legislation of the Republic of Lithuania;
- 20.3. If it is necessary to prevent or investigate criminal offences;
- 20.4. In other cases provided for by law.
- 21. Paysera has the right, at its sole discretion, to employ other persons to perform certain personal data processing functions on its behalf. In order for such persons to carry out the functions entrusted to them, they may have access to certain personal information. However, in such cases, Paysera will ensure that such persons will not be able to use such information for any purposes other than to the extent necessary to perform the functions assigned to them.
Cookies and activity
- 23. Full information about the cookies used on the website, their purpose, validity, and the data used is provided in the table below:
|Name of the cookie||Purpose of data processing||Validity period||The data used|
|LOCAL_LANG:||Language parameter||Until the client changes the language||Stores the language the user has selected|
|REFERAL_LINK||Link parameter||15 min.||Checks which page the person came from|
|LEFT_MENU_TYPE:||Menu type||Undefined||Stores the selected menu interface|
|PHPSESSID||Session ID||Until the end of the session||Stores session ID number|
- 24. Like many website administrators, Paysera monitors the traffic of the “LightSMS” system and the website and collects information about how many visitors have visited the website, what is the name of the visitors' internet service provider's server area (domain), etc. Such information is collected automatically at the time of the visit to the website. It helps the website administrator to understand how visitors use the website and to improve the Services provided by Paysera.